Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Expendables

Released:  2010
Director:   Sylvester Stallone
Main Actors:  Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren

Overall Rating: 
*  *  *
(scale is 1 to 4 *s)

Entertainment Value:  *  *  * .5

Acting:  *  *  *

Directing:  *  *  * 

Predictability Factor:  *  * 
(the higher the rating, the less predicable the movie is)

Cinematography:  *  *  *

Story Line:   *  *  *  .5

IMDB Link:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320253/  

I enjoyed this movie.  The entertainment value was well worth the time and money.  This is definitely a top tier action movie, which is one of my preferred categories.

I especially liked watching numberous things, including people's heads, be blown to pieces by the awesome BFG (Big F@#@ing Gun).  There were some classic lines in the movie too.  Everyone likes those.  I expect to hear some quotes from it by my friends soon.

The special effects were well done.  I had expected that since I imagine the budget for the film was supstancial (the cast alone would be a mint!).

In closing - Jason Statham, if you ever read this, which I know you won't, I will happily have your children.  ;)

Favorite Scene:  In the church - Willis and Schwarzenegger's cameos.

No comments:

Post a Comment