Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cop Out

Released:  2010
Director:  Kevin Smith
Main Actors:  Bruce Willis, Tracy Morgan

Overall Rating:  *  .5
(scale is 1 to 4s - 4 being the best)

Entertainment Value:  *  *

Acting:  *

Directing:  *

Predictability Factor:   *  .5

Cinematography:  *

Story Line:  *  *

I hate to rate a movie so low that stars Bruce Willis, but this was a bit of a train reck.  There were some good things in it, but they were overshadowed by poor acting (not from Bruce Willis of course) and, sorry Mr. Smith, but poor directing.

Why they chose the background music they did at the points they played it was not wise.  It made me feel as if they were trying to make the movie into Beverly Hills Cop gone kiddie film.  It didn't work for me at all - I'm just saying...

The bad guy didn't seem at all right for the role (notice I don't even bother to put his name in the review).  I do think I could take him down and I'm not exactly a fighter.  It was disappointing as my suspension of disbelieve can only go so far.  The silly music wasn't helping either.

I don't recommend this movie to anyone, UNLESS you have abosultely nothing else to watch and are really wanting to see a movie.

Favorite Scene:  Beginning interrogation where Tracy Morgan pays hommage to action movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment