Monday, September 13, 2010

Daybreakers

Released:  2010
Directors:  Michael and Peter Spierig
Main Actors:  Ethan Hawke, Willem Dafoe, Isabel Lucas, Sam Neill

Overall Rating:  *  *  *  .5
(scale is 1 to 4 - 4 being the best)

Entertainment Value:   *  *  *  *

Acting:  *  *  *  *

Directing:  *  *  *  *

Predictability Factor:  *  *  *
(the higher the rating, the less predicable the movie is)

Cinematography:  *  *  *  *

Story Line:  *  *  * 

Wow - this is right up my alley.  If you want to watch suspenseful movie, this is it.  I loved it! 

It was dark, but not too much so.   The lighting used was perfect!  Visually, this movie worked really really well for me.  Thank you Mr. Ben Nott for your awesome camera work.  Another thanks to Mr. George Liddle for his production design brilliance (he was also the production designer for Dark City).

I think the only downside to the movie was the fact that you could guess how it would end.  I suppose I shouldn't be so hard on the predictability factor, cause if it didn't end the way I thought, I would probably rate it poorly for not meeting my expectations.  Oh well, I am a woman after all and we can be hard to please at times. 

Favorite Scene:  In the wine vat - and not just because Ethan Hawke had his shirt off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment