Sunday, November 23, 2014

Interstellar

Released:  2014

Number of Ginger Snaps:  8 out of 10


8 out of 10 Ginger Snaps


Director:  Christopher Nolan

Writers:  Jonathan Nolan, Christopher Nolan

Producers:  Christopher Nolan, Lynda Obst, Emma Thomas

Main Actors:  Matthew McConaughey, Mackenzie Foy, John Lithgow,  Anne Hathaway





Favorite Character
Tars


Favorite Quotes
Wanna clean that up when you're finished praying to it? - Donald
No, I need to feel the air.  - Cooper


Favorite Scene
Cooper seeing the school counselors.


Review
Well written, well acted, excellent production quality, sci fi topic... but... I got a little bored in a few places.  I'm not sure why.  The story was really good and engaging, but it lost my engagement a few times.  It was a 3 hour movie, so maybe that is why.

The pace of the movie was a little slow.  There was a lot to take in and you had to pay attention to figure out what was going on.  That is good, but maybe not the best for when you want to watch a movie to totally escape and forget about the real world and it's frustrations.  (that is what I was in the mood for)

Anyway, I do highly recommend this movie with the caveat that you are in the mood to see a 3 hour thinking movie.

FYI - I'm still thinking about it.  Relativity, gravity, inability for modern science to find a solution to the blight...

No comments:

Post a Comment