Monday, February 23, 2015

Robocop (2014)

Released:  2014

Number of Ginger Snaps:  6 out of 10

6 out of 10 Ginger Snaps 


Director:  Jose Padilha

Writers:  Edward Neumeier, Joshua Zeturner, Michael Miner

Producers:  Marc Abraham, Gary Barber, Eric Newman

Main Actors:  Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton






Favorite Scene
Robocop vs the robots (aka - Robocop kicks robot butt)

Favorite Quote
"At least you're the right color now." Jack to Alex


Well, it was ok.  Yes, it had explosions and yes, it had gun fights, and yes, it had a hero, and yes, it had robots... all things I like in movies, but I don't know.  I just thought it was ok.  It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible.  Maybe I'm just partial to the original - I'll admit bias.

I wouldn't not recommend this.  I do think it is a perfect snow day movie, or in my case in Dallas - ice day movie.  It was engaging enough and provided a sufficient level of entertainment value.  It just lacked something and I can't figure out what that something is.  It wasn't like the acting was bad or the production value insufficient.  It just... need something more.  It need a heart or something (get it... Robocop didn't have one... ya know... if you saw the movie... haha... are crickets chirping right now?).






No comments:

Post a Comment