Saturday, February 28, 2015

Non-Stop

Released:  2014

Number of Ginger Snaps:  8 out of 10


8 out of 10 ginger snaps
Director:  Jaume Collet-Serra

Writers:  John W. Richardson, Christopher Roach

Producers:  Alex Heineman, Andrew Rona, Joel Silver

Main Actors:  Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore, Scoot McNairy



Favorite Character
Austin Reilly

Favorite Quote
Next time don't get shot. - Bill Marks


I really liked this movie.  I know... Liam Neeson (aka Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi Master) makes me bias to any movie he is in, but seriously, I did really like this movie.  Most of it takes place in a plane.  That is a major hurtle in keeping an audience's attention since it only has one dominant setting.

The director did a good job in keeping the action level high for a large portion of the film.  Jaume Collet-Serra hasn't done a lot of directing, but he did a stand up job in this.  I was engaged the entire time and never once thought it was stupid or unrealistic.  I suppose the story line could really happen, but when thinking about the actual plot, it does seem to be farfetched.

The acting was well done (of course) and I really liked the characters.  They grew on you as the movie progressed and as you discovered what was really happening.

And of course, stuff blew up, guns were fired, and people got in fist fights.  WOOHOOOO!  So my type of movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment