Monday, November 12, 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Released:  Oct. 2012

OVERALL RATING:  *  *  *  .5
(on a scale of 1 to 4 - 4 being best)

Director:  Stephen Chbosky
Writer:  Stephen Chbosky
Producers:  John Malkovich, Russell Smith, Lianne Halfon
Main Actors:  Logan Lerman, Ezra Miller, Emma Watson

Directing:  *  *  *
Acting:  *  *  *  * 
Story Line:  *  *  * 
Predictability:  *  *  *  *
Entertainment Value:  *  *  *

I usually don't talk about who I see a movie with or where, but this review will be an exception.  I went with one of my best friends, Cindy, and we had the theater to ourselves.  Just us.  It was awesome!  Due to the greatness of the music in the movie (80s rules!), we were able to dance in our seats and stuff. 

I was not expecting the intensity of this movie.  I was thinking it was just a coming of age film.  It is, but it also deals with some serious stuff.  I laughed and I cried.  Yes, it was another one of those 'leave the theater and run to the bathroom to get the mascara off that had run down your face' movies.

The predictability of the movie was, well, it wasn't predictable.  This is a good thing.  It kept me engaged as I wanted to know what the background was.  They did a good job of giving only tiny clues during the film and those clues could have lead to different things.

So, I recommend this movie.  It's another one where you may want to have a box of tissues next to you though.

Favorite Scene:  When Charlie ate the brownie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment