Monday, January 23, 2012

Red Tails

Released:  2012

OVERALL RATING:  *  *  *
(on a scale of 1 to 4 - 4 being best)

Director:  Anthony Hemingway
Writer:  John Ridley
Main Actors:  Cuba Gooding Jr.;  Gerald McRaney;  David Oyelowo
Producer: 

Acting:  * *
Directing:  * * * 
Plot:  * * *
Entertainment Value:  * * * 1/2
Predictability:  * * 

The dog fights were cool, which I would have expected since the film had help from Lucas.  I am a little disappointed in the overall story though.  It felt a little like the film lacked continuity.  Some of the editing choices could have been better - maybe that is why I felt the continuity was off.

Some of the actors chosen for the movie were, well, WHY?  A few of them were just bad.

Due to the action and visuals in the film, I recommend seeing it in a movie theater.  After that, unless you have an awesome media setup, I'd skip it, UNLESS you love airplanes, which I happen to adore!

Favorite Quote:  You have black Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment