Monday, October 31, 2011

Zombie Apocalypse

Released:  2011

Overall Rating:  * *

Acting:  * *
Directing:  * *
Story Line:  *
Entertainment Value:  * * .5
Predictability:  * *

Director:  Nick Lyon
Writers:  Brooks Peck;  Craig Engler
Actors:  Ving Rhames, Taryn Manning, Lesley-Ann Brandt

SyFy, you had me a Zombie.  Adding the Apocalypse was just icing on the cake.  I like zombie movies and I know a lot of them tend to be somewhat "bad" movies.  I was surprised with this one though.  I was expecting a train wreck because some of the SyFy movies are (yet I watch them - ummmm...).  Anyway, it was better than I thought. 

The directing choices (or acting choices) when the characters were discussing their past didn't fit well with me.  It seemed too 'mushy'.  I would think, after going through all they had, that by the time they were discussing it, they would have been more matter of fact about things, not so hesitant and retrospective. 

All in all, it was a decent Zombie movie.  It wasn't Zombieland, but it was worth watching if you like Zombie flicks. 

Favorite Quote:  "Meow Bitch"

No comments:

Post a Comment