Monday, July 25, 2011

Insidious

Released:  2010

Director:  James Wan
Writer: Leigh Whannell
Producer:  Jason Blum
Main Actors:  Patrick Wilson; Rose Byrne

OVERALL RATING:  *  *  *  *
(on a scale of 1 to 4)

Directing:  * * * *
Acting:  * * * * 
Plot Line:  * * * 
Predictability:  * * * *

Wow... I was engaged, surprised, and on the edge of my seat most of the movie.  I recommend this film (yes, it gets the to be called a "film" in the Val review) for anyone who likes suspense / horror films.  It was truly awesome. 

I really like that it didn't quite go as I was expecting.  It did move in the overall direction I thought it would, but the details of it were surprising.  I'd write more about this topic if I wanted to spoil it for you and I don't want to do that, so no more on this subject. 

The cinematography worked very well for the film.  The camera angles and movement speed were spot on for what was happening.  There - my shout out to the cinematographer has been stated.

Ever since I saw the first few episodes of Damage, I have had a high respect for Rose Byrne.  She is a very good actress and doesn't disappoint in this movie.  Yeah, yeah... another shout out. 

Favorite Scene:  At the beginning, when Josh and Renai were going to bed and started joking around.  It was endearing and cute.  Made me want a marriage like that - end of a hard day and your spouse still makes you giggle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment