Saturday, June 2, 2018

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Released:  May 25, 2018

Number of Ginger Snaps:  10 out of 10

10 of 10 Ginger Snaps



Director:  Ron Howard

Writers:  Jonathan and Lawrence Kasdan

Producers:  Simon Emanuel, Kathleen Kennedy, Allison Shearmur

Main Actors:  Alden Ehrenreich, Jonas Suotamo, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover




Favorite Character:  Val (of course)

Okay - yes, this is a Star Wars movie.  No, I'm not giving it 10 just because of this.  It was an awesome movie!!!!  I loved it!  It had chases, explosions, pew pew pews, and just the right bit of silly to make it oh so much of a Val film.  And just cause one of the characters was named Val is not why I'm giving it a 10 either.

I did seriously like this movie.  The plot was great, the acting well done, and the visual effects were absolutely amazing.  I think Donald Glover did a really good job of playing Lando and, though there will never be another Harrison Ford's Han Solo, Alden E. did well in the role.

I do admit that I was a little concerned about Han having any other love interest than Leia.  Since Emilia Clarke actually resembles Carrie Fisher, it eased that concern a bit.

As you can see, I highly recommend this movie.  Highly.  As in - see it... NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment