Monday, January 12, 2015

The Great Gatsby

Released:  2013

Number of Ginger Snaps:  6 out of 10

6 out of 10 Ginger Snaps

Director:  Baz Luhrmann

Writers:  Baz Luhrmann, Craig Pearce, Based on F.Scott Fitzgerald's Novel

Producers:  Lucy Fisher, Baz Luhrmann, Douglas Wick

Main Actors:  Leonardo DiCaprio, Elizabeth Debicki, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan




Favorite Line
I love large parties - they're so intimate... Small parties, there's no privacy.  - Jordan

Favorite Scene
Tea - Daisy and Gatsby reunite

Despite the amazing costumes (I love the 20s look), and some beautiful visuals, I wasn't real impressed with this movie.  At times, I felt like I was watching Moulin Rouge.  I didn't like the over-the-top, speed scene aspect of that movie and I definitely did not like it here.  Don't get me wrong, there were some good parts, but I couldn't get past the intensity of the edits and it made me anxious.

The acting was okay.  I couldn't help thinking I was watching Spiderman though.  Sorry Tobey, but I saw Parker at times.






No comments:

Post a Comment