Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Heat

Released:  June 2013

OVERALL RATING:  *  *  *  * 
(on a scale of 1 to 4 - 4 being best)

Director:  Paul Feig
Writer:  Katie Dippold
Producer:  Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping
Main Actors:  Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy, Demian Bichir

Directing:  * * * * 
Acting:  * * * * 
Story Line:  * * * * 
Predictability:  * * * 
Entertainment Value:  * * * * 

It has been a long time since I've laughed so much at a movie - and consistently throughout.  This movie was friggin hilarious!  The chemistry between Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy worked really well.

I think the best part of the movie was the story line.  I wasn't 100% sure where it was going.  Although the overall plot was predictable, there was enough happening in the movie that kept me engaged and wondering what would happen next.

This is what I like about comedies.  It made me laugh, kept me entertained, and totally removed me from my reality for a bit.

Favorite Quotes:  Well contain your areola.  /  You misrepresented my vagina.  /  I'm balls deep in boredom.

Favorite Scene:  Denny's  

No comments:

Post a Comment