Saturday, February 23, 2013

End of the World

Released:  2/23/2013

OVERALL RATING:  *  *  *  .5
(on a scale of 1 to 4 - 4 being best)

Director:  Steven R Monroe
Writers:  Jason Bourque, David Ray
Main Actors:  Greg Grunberg, Neil Grayston, Caroline Cave
Producer:  Rupert Harvey

Directing:  *  *  *  
Acting:  *  *  *  * 
Writing:  *  *  *  * 
Plot:  *  *  *
Entertainment Value:  *  *  *  * 
Predictability:  *  *  *

OMG!!!!!!  I love this SyFy movie!  Greg Grunberg and Neil Grayston are fantastic together!   They are so friggin funny.  I was laughing out loud a lot!

I liked all the references to other Sci-Fi movies most.  There were so many I couldn't begin to remember them all - "I love you.  /  I know";  Princess Leia mentioned;  The Abyss;  ET;  The Mummy;  War Games;  and so many others.  This is truly a geek movie.

Another thing I liked about it was, yes, stuff blew up.  And people exploded.  And there was a cool van.  And they had apocalypse planning.  And....  you get my drift.

I do wish the movie did better on the people explosions.  That was kinda lame.  They could have had more gore there.  Also, I would have liked to have seen the mom live.  That was sad.

I highly recommend this movie to anyone who likes Sci-Fi.  You'll love it.


Favorite Lines:  "Maybe an obsession with Sci-Fi its not so bad.";  "Could you shut up while I'm handling a nuclear warhead?"

No comments:

Post a Comment