Friday, February 24, 2012

Safe House

Released: 2012


OVERALL RATING:  *  *  *  1/2
(on a scale of 1 to 4 - 4 being best)

Director:  Daniel Espinosa
Producer:  Scott Stuber
Writer:  David Guggenheim
Main Actors:  Denzel Washington;  Ryan Reynolds

Acting:  *  *  *  *
Directing:  *  *  *  
Predictability:  *  *  * 
Entertainment Value:  *  *  *  *

This was a great movie and I highly recommend it.  It's got bullets, explosions, blood, and fist fights!  My kinda film!!!

The only fault I have with the movie is the editing.  It jumped around a bit too much.  I know they were doing that for the tension factor, but it was a little to disconnected for my taste.

I think I liked most that it didn't take me exactly where I thought it would.  The story line was not that predictable, so it really kept me engaged in what was happening.  Engaged and surprised.

Denzel Washington was brilliant and Ryan Reynolds definitely gets a shout out.  They were both very good in their roles.

Favorite Line:  "I only kill professionals."

No comments:

Post a Comment