Sunday, July 17, 2016

Misconduct

Number of Ginger Snaps:  5 out of 10


5 out of 10 ginger snaps 

Director:  Shintaro Shimosawa

Writers:  Simon Boyes, Adam Mason

Producers:  Ellen Wander, Ryan Black, Bill Delaney

Main Actors:  Josh Duhamel, Anthony Hopkins, Al Pacino






Favorite Character:  Doug Fields

Favorite Quote:  "Why the fuck would I do that?" - Jane

Kind of a weird movie.  The director was definitely trying to use the artsy-fartsy aspect of film production, like a long still of an actor's reaction and characters talking just out of the shot.  Some of it worked, some didn't.  Some of it just felt forced - like 'hey!  look at how cool and intense this is!  think profoundly now!'.

The movie did keep me engaged though.  The story was disjointed, probably on purpose.  It needed something more to keep the story line somewhat constant cause I kept thinking 'what?' too many times.  Granted, some level of 'what' questioning is intriguing and definitely keeps the audience engaged, but it got to be too much.  By the end, I just wanted to know what the bleep happened.

I don't think I would recommend this movie to anyone, however, if you do see it, I'd be curious to know what you thought.




No comments:

Post a Comment