Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Cabin in the Woods

Released:  April 13, 2012

OVERALL RATING:  *  *  *  
(on a scale of 1 to 4 - 4 being best)


Director:  Drew Goddard
Writers:  Drew Goddard, Joss Whedon
Producer:  Joss Whedon
Main Actors:  Kristen Connolly, Chris Hemsworth, Fran Kranz

Directing:  * * * 
Acting:  * * * 
Story Line:  * * 
Predictability:  * * * * 
Entertainment Value:  * * *

I knew I had seen Fran Kranz in something!  Duh!  Dollhouse!  Spastic man on that show. 

Anyway, I did enjoy this movie.  It was NOT predictable at all, which I love.  Keep me guessing movie makers!  I especially enjoyed parts being played by actors in past Joss Whedon creations (Angel - Amy Acker, Buffy - Tom Lenk).

I do have to admit that the reason I can't give this 4 stars is, cause, well... it was basically a horror film.  It was a very funny horror film mind you, but the script was a little on the "I'm writing this while on drugs so it will be funny but not Oscar winning" side.  


All in all, I highly recommend this movie.  You will laugh, be grossed out, be a little scared, and enjoy the randomness of it all - look for the unicorn. 


Favorite Quotes: 
"Zombie Redneck Torture Family is completely different"
"I'm gonna go read a book with pictures"

No comments:

Post a Comment